Datça is one of the districts of Muğla, which has its own distinctive and beautiful features and a certain regular population.
Established on a peninsula with an average length of 50 km, the region attracts attention from holidaymakers with its lush green hills covered with pine and olive trees, deep blue sea, bays with long beaches, and the quiet lifestyle it offers.
Datça is frequently preferred because it is a suitable region for both family and friend holidays. Especially after spending time at the beach all day long, there are great opportunities for those who want to taste local Aegean delicacies and fish at pleasant restaurants by the sea in the evenings.
Best Area to Stay in Datça
- Datça Center (New Datca)
- Old Datca
Datça, which thousands of local and foreign tourists visit every year, offers various accommodation and holiday options for different tastes with its different bays, district center, and Old Datça district.
For example, you can enjoy cultural tourism by visiting Old Datça, and you can enjoy a sea holiday in different bays.
Datça Center (New Datca)
Although the other holiday destinations of Muğla are not as developed and crowded as Bodrum or Marmaris, the Datça Center region also welcomes a considerable number of visitors every year, especially in the summer months. During the winter months, urban residents who have immigrated to Datça fill its streets. If you wish, you can stay in this region and make day trips to Datça bays.
Best Hotels in Datça Center
- Acroter Hotel Deluxe & Spa: Located at the seafront, Acroter Hotel Deluxe & Spa serves as a bed and breakfast, half board or full board. Apart from the beach, the hotel also has an indoor and outdoor swimming pool.
- Uslu Hotel Royal Yachting: With its private beach, Uslu Hotel Royal Yachting welcomes its visitors at the seafront. Each room is minimal, spacious, and luxuriously designed, with a TV, safe, air conditioning, and internet. Snorkeling and windsurfing are possible at the hotel.
- Datça Doga Apart: It is possible to stay 4 people in the rooms of Datça Doga Apart, a facility with a pool, located in the town center, 500 meters from Kumluk beach. There is also a kitchen in the rooms with all the utensils you need.
Eski Datça (Old Datca)
Located 2.5 km from Datça Center, Old Datça is famous for its narrow streets with cobblestones where cars cannot enter, colorful cafes, and stone buildings decorated with bougainvillea, and friendly people. Hotels with the same spirit and beauty also make it attractive to stay in Eski Datça.
While staying in this region, you can experience the historical texture of Datça and be close to the surrounding bays and beaches. If you want to go to Datça Center, you can use daily shuttles.
Best Hotels in Old Datca
- Strabon Datça Boutique Hotel: Located in a very central part of Old Datça, Strabon Datça Boutique Hotel offers bed & breakfast service to its visitors. This stone-building hotel with 9 rooms has free internet.
- Patiska Boutique Hotel: Attracting attention with its colorful and minimal decoration, Patiska Boutique Hotel promises a pleasant holiday in its spacious rooms and pleasant garden. Natural materials were used for decoration in 11 rooms designed in a rustic style.
- La Petra Boutique Hotel: You can relax in the large courtyard of La Petra Boutique Hotel, which is located in a stone building in line with the local architecture, and spend the day swimming in the outdoor pool when you don’t want to leave the hotel.
In addition to its center, Datça’s small beaches of unique beauty are also appreciated by tourists.
Palamutbükü is the most popular and developed one among these bays. You can swim all day on the long and wide beach of about 2 kilometers, and you can get service from the facilities and the restaurants in front of the hotel. Just behind the beach, dozens of hotels, pensions, and apartments await you. The farther you get from the sea, the more affordable accommodation options are available in the region, and it is possible to reach the beach by walking even from the farthest facility. If you want to spend the day in a different bay, you can swim in the nearby Hayıtbükü or Ovabükü.
Best Hotels in Palamutbuku
- Tuna Beach & Bungalow: Located at the seafront in Palamutbükü, Tuna Beach & Bungalow welcomes its guests on half board basis. It is possible to stay 2 or 4 people in the rooms. It is possible to dine on the beach of the hotel at noon.
- Hotel Beyaz Inci: Hotel Beyaz Inci, shown among the luxury hotels in the bay, promises a comfortable holiday with its private beach, parking lot, and spacious rooms. The feeling of spaciousness is prioritized in the hotel, which is dominated by white as its name.
- Buk Boutique Hotel: One of the experienced, frequented and old hotels of Palamutbükü, Bük Boutique Hotel is located at the seafront. You can choose from rooms with sea or garden views.
You can reach Mesudiye, which is located 18 km west of Datça Center, by your private vehicle or by shuttles departing from the center.
Ovabükü, Hayıtbükü, and Kızılbük were the reason why the name of Mesudiye, the village with the most neighborhoods when compared to other villages of Datça, was heard. It is also possible to stay in these neighborhoods with wonderful beaches by the sea. You can spend a quiet holiday in these three neighborhoods where most small businesses are located.
Best Hotels in Mesudiye
- Hoppala Pension: Hoppala Pension, which is a cute and high-quality family business, provides service in Ovabükü, on the seafront. It is possible to stay 2 or 3 people in its rooms, which are minimally decorated in harmony with nature. There is also a restaurant in the hostel.
- Karia Apart: Serving within walking distance to Ovabuku beach, Karia Apart Pansiyon is the choice for those who want to spend a quiet holiday alone with nature. There is also a kitchen area for those who want to cook their own meals in the spacious rooms of the hostel.
- Savana Boutique Hotel: Located in Ovabükü, approximately 100 meters from the sea, Savana Boutique Hotel serves as a bed & breakfast. The hotel has a restaurant and an outdoor swimming pool. Each of its 20 rooms has a TV, kettle, work desk, and mini fridge.